Friday, December 4, 2009

Finally. We've Found A Place to Settle

Let's name it something really weird, okay?
I know it's not just Georgia but I've always wondered why, when you can call your town anything, that people come up with names like...

Box Springs                   Abba
Attapulgus                     Egypt
Between                        Euharlee
Mosquito Crossing         Hortense
Goolsby                         Lax
Goggins                         Mauk
Goochville                     Meansville
Tugaloo                         Mayday
Needmore                     Cusseta                        
Due West                      Rex
Mean Crossroads          Roosterville
Mudlick                         Tallapoosa
Enigma                          Winder (say Wine-der)
Ty Ty                            Boggy            
Centralhatchee              Climax
Cumming

On the other hand...

Dewy Rose           Tiger
Split Silk                Newborn
Flowery Branch     Brooklet
Big Canoe             Daisy
Doerun                  Glory
Ideal                      Kinderlou
Mystic                   Retreat
Rising Fawn           Sunny Side
Sunsweet               Wrens

I couldn't decide which list to put Grooverville or Santa Claus on.
When we first moved to Georgia we lived in Bogart. For awhile I cringed whenever I had to say it.
I'm sure every place name has a story, but I'd rather wonder.

No comments: