Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday 13

Thirteen Things To Like, Or Not, About Athens


1 Deer races in the backyard.


2 Athfest. Music everywhere. This is Hope for Agoldensummer at Tasty World, 2007.

3 The Athens Criterium bike races


4 Trappeze. Our favorite pub.


5 Our nice little stretch of the Middle Oconee River.


6 Game Day in Bulldog Nation.


7 Terrapin Brewery. After years of brewing elsewhere, they've finally moved to town!


8 The Grit. Huge servings of great vegetarian food can be had here. Always good for people-watching, too.

9 Bulldogs. I think there are over a hundred of these. In case you didn't guess, this is Carmen Mirandawg. I don't know what else to say.


10 Flagpole. Everything about everything Athens. Every week.


11 Farm 255. They do have their own farm! Best shrimp and grits in all the land. And a huge burger.


12 Schoolkids. The musician's music store they say. I can't go in. It's too dangerous.


13 REM. They're here even when they're not here.

1 comment:

CiaoBella! said...

Thanks for the great tour of life in Athens! I enjoyed it----
M